Tuesday 28 January 2014

A Name

1/28/14
Today I was super productive! I went to the post office and the grocery store, got a lot of reading done for my classes and had a cup of tea. That being said, I don't really have a lot to put into a blog post (except mom: I tried to make red beans & rice yesterday with British ingredients and it turned out super weird). So instead of telling you about my day how about I tell you why my blog is called "Keep Your Eyes Open". It is the title of a song by Needtobreathe, my new favorite band, and the song just really spoke to me. When I heard the chorus for the first time I knew that the words that had been written were for me as I started this new adventure in my life. It goes "Cause if you never leave home, never let go. You'll never make it to the great unknown, till you keep your eyes open, my love." The rest of the song is pretty amazing too. I love all of their music but this is the song that I chose to tie myself to...or maybe it chose me. Either way I'm here, in the great unknown.

Here is a link to the video, I hope you love it as much as I do! Keep Your Eyes Open

No comments:

Post a Comment